Friday, October 7, 2011

Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools - 100th Anniversary Gala

Quite a while ago I was asked to create a very special commission piece for the 100th anniversary of the Catholic School division. I created a linocut for each person that will attend the gala dinner tomorrow night. At the gala I will be explaining the printing process and destroying the printing plates that the prints were created from. I will also have my printing press on display as well as the tools used to create the block. A personal goal of mine with the process is to create an understanding of the difference between a print and a reproduction. A print being concieved of as a print from the beginning and a reproduction often beginning in another medium.

I also did the graphics for the event in partnership with my son and created 10 panels that outline the history of the Saskatoon Catholic Schools. Below you will find the print and the panels.